Groundhog Day Photo Album
Click on a thumbnail or description below for full-size image
Exclusive OnTV Photos by Alan Freed
- Sign welcoming people to Gobbler's Knob.
- Record crowd of over 12,000 braves early morning temperature of -2.
- Some people didn't dress too warmly.
- Other people found unique vantage points to view the festivities.
- Groundhog Club President Bud Dunkel greets the crowd.
- Mr. Dunkel is joined by Official Handler Bill Deeley.
- Punxsutawney Phil shares his forecast with the Inner Circle members.
- The crowd anxiously anticipates the forecast.
- The proclamation is read by Dr. Rusty Johnson.
- The Groundhog Club Inner Circle members share the bad news.
- People stay around after the forecast to get a closer look at their favorite rodent.
- Many people stand in line to get their photo taken with Phil...
- ...Even though Phil can't stop biting his handler's gloves!
- Some people have unusual ways of celebrating the occasion!
- Others keep hanging around to enjoy the festive atmosphere.